Connect Plus Website Privacy Notice
Connect Plus (M25) Limited (company number 06683845) (“Connect Plus”, “We” or “us”) is an incorporated legal entity owned by Connect Plus (M25) Holdings Limited (company number 066840250) registered at: Connect Plus House, St Albans Rd, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3NP, the latter being owned by Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Investments Limited, Egis Investments Partners S.C.A., Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Edge Orbital Holdings 2 Ltd and BBDE Orbital Holdings LLP.
This Privacy Notice applies to our website visitors and anyone who provides us with their personal data where Connect Plus is the controller. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. For queries on data protection, please contact the Connect Plus nominated Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect Plus also processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Designing, building, financing and operating the M25 network;
- Contacting you in relation to general enquiries or to send you information that you have asked us to provide;
- Responding to specific enquiries submitted by you in relation to potential faults, queries, complaints and/or feedback regarding the M25 network;
- Maintaining and managing relationships with our suppliers, subcontractors, and their employees;
- Contacting potential supplier and contractors with a view to engaging their services;
- Recruitment of Connect Plus personnel;
- Security monitoring of critical national infrastructure, Connect Plus sites and Connect Plus personnel;
- Community engagement;
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation; and
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity managing website’s business.
We process the personal data for the purposes listed above because the processing is necessary to carry out our legitimate interests. We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located within the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Connect Plus to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
We will share your information with the Connect Plus respective groups of companies and, where relevant, their professional advisers. Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your information with:
i) other companies who provide goods/services to us;
ii) our professional advisers and auditors;
iii) regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
iv) any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
v) persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the business of Connect Plus.
Your personal data will not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the EEA.
As you are providing us with your personal data, it is important to us that you are aware of the following rights that you have in relation to our processing of that personal data.
- You can withdraw your consent to our processing of cookies at any time. See the Cookie Notice below for further information on how to withdraw your consent.
- You can be provided with a copy of any personal data concerning you that we process, unless that would affect the rights and freedoms of others. You can also be provided with information on how that personal data is processed by us.
- You can have us rectify any personal data of yours that we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you can also ask us to erase or restrict the use of any of your personal data that we process.
- You can object at any time to our processing of your personal data on grounds related to your particular situation.
You may contact us in relation to the above rights by contacting the Connect Plus nominated Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we processed your personal data or your request to exercise a right, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website ( https://ico.org.uk/ ).
This Privacy Notice is correct as at 06 December 2018, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you. Any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and support relevant information and functionality. They also enable us to keep the Website and information, up to date, relevant and error free and provide information about how the Website is used. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
A list of the main cookies used on this Website is set out below. We will review and update this list on a regular basis.
The categories of cookies which are used are:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
The necessary cookies on this website are:
_cfduid – this cookie is used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic and expires after one year.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
The preference cookies on this website are:
Lang – This remembers the user’s selected language version of a website and expirs at the end of the session.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
The statistics cookies used on this website are:
_ga – this cookie registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website and expires after two years.
_gat – this cookie is used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate and expires at the end of the session.
_gid – this cookie registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website and expires at the end of the session.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
The marketing cookies used on this website are:
collect – this cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels and expires at the end of the session.
i/jot/syndication – this is an unclassified cookie from twitter.com and expires at the end of the session.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
The unclassified cookies on this website are:
is_unique – this is an unclassified cookie from statcounter.com and expires after five years.
is_visitor_unique – this is an unclassified cookie from statcounter.com and expires after two years.
sc_is_visitor_unique – this is an unclassified cookie from connectplusm25.co.uk and expires after two years.
sc_medium_source – this is an unclassified cookie from connectplusm25.co.uk and does not expire.
statcounter_bounce – this is an unclassified cookie from connectplusm25.co.uk and expires at the end of the session.
viewed_cookie_policy – this is an unclassified cookie from connectplusm25.co.uk and expires after one year.
How to control and delete cookies
You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your internet browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this Website or indeed any other website, or if you wish to receive notification of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that declining or denying cookies may prevent you from being able to use the Website to its highest capability.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your manual.