As a company, we need to reduce energy consumption to meet the contract requirements of Schedule 25. There is a pressure for all businesses to control their energy consumption as legislative requirements are becoming more stringent. We need to put together a 5 year plan to control our Energy Consumption.
Innovators: Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services.
- Develop the Energy Strategy to identify opportunities to reduce energy.
- The Asset Management Forward Plan includes several lighting schemes that are programmed to be delivered over the next four years.
- Communications around energy reduction across the business.
The Benefit & The Future:
- There had been a 5% reduction in lighting consumption.
- 11% reduction in tunnels/crossing consumption.
- The DBFO Co are looking for future solutions to reduce energy at the depots and on the Network.
- Trialling dynamic and adaptive lighting solutions, energy harvesting pavements and ensuring depots continue to be energy efficient.
- Commitment to reduce energy consumption to 35,267,032 HWhr by 2019.