2 no. Lighting Operatives Levels 2/3
Mechanical & Electrical
We are looking for LIGHTING OPERATIVES LEVEL 2/LEVEL 3 to join us to work based out of our Blunts Farm, Essex depot.
To assist in the efficient maintenance of the M25 DBFO Network lighting asset, by undertaking a wide range of street lighting maintenance, testing, installation works and similar tasks as required.
What you’ll be doing
You will have the following accountabilties:
- Routine maintenance including detailed inspection, testing and bulk lamp change
- Non-routine maintenance including all types of lighting and sign repairs and cable fault investigations
- Installation works including the replacement of damaged equipment, installation of new equipment, cable installation
- Attend various incidents on the network relating to but exclusive to street lighting including liaison with the NOC (Network Operations Centre) and other parties
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation.
- Taking due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios.
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
- Check that, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report dfects as appropriate.
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required
- Atend training courses as and when required
- Live the Connect Plus Services values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the businesses Sustainability activities
Who we’re looking for
- Full UK Driving Licence
- CSCS Operative Card
- ECS Card to relevant competency
- NHSS 8 Competency Training
- IPAF 1b MEWPS
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Driver Qualification Card
- 18th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
- Abrasive Wheel
- Plant/small tools training
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g lorry mounted crane
- A proven well rounded street lighting / electrical background
- An understanding of the street lighting industry
- Working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network
- Experience of working in a similar environment