This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for an APD BUSINESS LEAD (IMPROVEMENTS) to join us to work in London.
- Responsible for leading the safe delivery of assigned M25 investment portfolio(s), programme(s) and project(s) to quality, cost & time requirements and for meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Driving continual improvement, develop and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships across CPS and the M25 Community, represent CPS on the relevant CTSG (Collaborative Transformation Steering Group) and working with Discipline Leads, Portfolio Management Office and Asset Management Office to deliver excellence on the M25 and achieve the strategic goals for CPS.
What you’ll be doing
As an APD BUSINESS LEAD (IMPROVEMENTS), you will have the following accountabilities:
- Promote the highest standards of health and safety Zero Harm
- To demonstrate visible leadership and engagement with the workforce / supply chain on all safety related matters. Carry out safety tours and promote the reporting of all near misses / safety interventions including analysis for trends / weak signals
- Business lead for the delivery of assigned contract obligations and effective application of CPS business systems and processes
- Delivery of assigned performance targets and business outcomes
- Work with the Asset Management Office team developing and contributing to long term strategic direction
- Recruit, motivate and retain the best people. Develop talent pipeline and succession plans
- Working with Capability Centre Leads to ensure that performance management processes, team objectives and targets are clearly set out
- As required, collaborate with other teams to help develop the asset management, technical, design, project management and other expertise required to drive business success
- Collaborate with other Business Leads and Capability Centre Leads to ensure appropriate resources are available and deployed including working across the entire Asset & Project Delivery directorate to co-ordinate optimal shared use of resource in the matrix structure
- Support the Asset Managament Office and Portfolio Management Office in developing the forward programmes of work (1,5,30yr) and then responsible for delivery of assigned aspects of the AMFP
- Managing the delivery of projects through the design and construction phases in accordance with agreed programmes and compliance with relevant project procedures and governance requirements from Connect Plus, Highways England and other key stakeholders
- Creating methodologies and designs which prolog the sustainable life of assets, incorporate safe, proactive and reactive maintenance regimes, keeping the network safe and serviceable
- Identification of best practice from within the industry, parent companies and elsewhere and adopt where appropriate within CPS
- Engaging with the CP and CPS Framework Contractors to maximise their contribution to the successful definition and implementation of the projects in the programme, including ECI, framework forums
- To provide the support required by HE in relation to their statutory obligations with regard to Planning Applications in accordance with the contract requirements
- Lead the technical design delivery of all projects within the forward programme of works, to ensure design outputs are of a consistently high standard and aligned to key objectives (including, safety, economic whole life cost, sustainability and minimised network occupancy)
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Relevant Professional Qualification
- Team Management and leadership experience
- ]Business Financial Management experience
- Significant proven experience in delivery of highway renewal and improvement schemes in the Strategic Road Network
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Practical understanding of maintenance, engineering and renewal in area of responsibility.