Asset Pavement Engineer
Asset Management Office
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Connect Plus Services is engaged to look after the M25 on a 30-year contract of which we are 12 years into. Within our project we have a team of Engineers that look after a variety of the assets in and around the M25. We are seeking a qualified Pavement Engineer to join our Pavement Asset Team and are keen to speak with people looking for a challenge and opportunity to further their career.
Our key clients are National Highways and Connect Plus and our team is responsible for managing the existing pavement assets we have and improving with digital and experience in the specialised field.
Key accountabilities are:
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve an asset management strategy to deliver efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the Pavement whilst considering the wider asset management objectives
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of network plans using a pavement management system (HAPMS) and the Asset management systems. (Agile)
- Engagement and stakeholder management with National Highways, connect plus and other businesses associated in the operation of the M25
- Liaison with our internal operations and maintenance teams to assist on technical aspects of maintenance including providing advice for emergency and temporary repairs to pavement assets
- Assist with the management of technical inspections and machine surveys, to include planning of survey routes, assessment and monitoring of programmes, evaluation of completed surveys identifying missing or incomplete data
- To manage and react to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks
- Production of the forward planning for pavements and continuous development / improvement of the programme to demonstrate the management of condition to meet hand back requirements within the DBFO Contract
- To work closely with commercial and financial business areas to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third-party additional works and network improvement schemes on the pavement assets
- Undertake and manage Inspections, lifecycle analysis, Whole Life Assessment and Asset Strategy reviews
- Engage in the identification and implementation of innovation across the business
Skills and Qualifications required
- Qualified to degree level or proven experience
- Progressing towards / membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example: ICE, CIHT, or equivalent)
- Familiar with pavement design standards in accordance with the DMRB, MCHW
- General understanding of pavement operations, maintenance, and renewal and RWSC (Preferable)
- Skilled in MS Office applications
- A general Understanding and exposure to real time Asset databases (Preferable)