Asset Technician – Drainage
Asset Management Office
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
Drainage is a critical asset to the safe operation of roads and the M25. Using your skills, you will influence the drainage inspections programmes and undertake specialised inspections to ensure the satisfactory recording of existing asset condition.
You will be overseeing the data gathering and recording of quality data in GIS based systems to allow the Drainage team to help assess the drainage asset operation and renewal outcomes for planned and unplanned works.
You will be using and managing GIS systems to provide data and mapping for reporting, quality control, updating and improving asset knowledge.
- Key liaison between Inspections Team and Drainage Team to ensure inspections are planned as required under the Contract and undertaken within agreed timescales. Assist with specialised inspections as required. Outcome – Inspections completed on time and to Contract requirements.
- Ensure data from inspections is uploaded to correct GIS systems and quality check data to ensure reliability. Outcome – Improving quality of data capture.
- Identify improvements, efficiencies in inspections to ensure data capture is improved.
- GIS knowledgeable so that can provide data and maps for reports / information to support the wider business. Outcomes – Develop skills to improve GIS capability within team.
- Deputy in the Drainage Database Management System (DDMS). Role includes investigating and record flood events within agreed timescales, data security of the DDMS (authorising sub-contractors) and updating data into GIS as required. Outcomes – supporting the day to day running of the data.
- Responding to Land Enquiries using asset knowledge and as-built records as required. Outcomes – supporting the day to day running of the data.
- Carrying out investigations (desktop and field) as required to respond to customers and provide investigation. Outcomes – supporting the day to day running of the data, working for our customers, and improving data knowledge.
- Work to support Service Delivery, Asset Teams, and Internal Teams with drainage data. Outcomes – supporting the Operating Teams with essential data knowledge.
- Data analysis using GIS / MS Excel etc. to provide data summaries, asset knowledge etc.
- Supporting Audits and owning and leading improvement actions.
- Train inspectors / junior members in drainage contractual requirements for surveys.
- Ability to carry out field inspections in various field environments.
- Ability to record to set criteria.
- GIS understanding (existing GIS Skills preferred)
- Knowledge of GIS databases, how to extract and use data in graphs / maps (ideally experience with National Highways DDMS system)
- Accurate, ability to quality check.
- Ability to understand as-builts.
- Knowledge of drainage systems an advantage.
- Understanding of Contract requirements and how to apply these to surveys.
- Knowledge of NH systems and standards would be advantageous
- Current UK driving license
- IT skills – Microsoft Office packages
- Proactively works with teams