Asset Technician – Linear
Asset Management Office
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
Our Asset Management Office is responsible for optimising the whole life and value of our assets.
We are looking for an Asset Technician to work in our Linear team working alongside our Engineers and Managers. Assisting the Asset Managers and wider Linear Asset Team on a daily basis you will work cohesively to help manage inspections, assess survey data and output and developing plans of work. You will be key to producing bills and specifications and overseeing asset renewal and maintenance activities.
- Develop standard bills and specifications including Lifecycle Proposal Forms
- Support in the investigation and reporting of specific linear asset issues and development of appropriate whole life solutions
- Develop prioritised programmes of inspection and co-ordinating with the inspection’s team
- Inspections of specific locations to identify, investigate and quantify defects
- Data collection and entering accurate information into National Highways systems and Agile
- Contribute to the development of the Asset Management Forward Plan(s)
- Provide team reports from data systems, in response to requests for information
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Critical to being successful in this role is being able to work well within a team and take ownership for your contribution to the asset team.
You should be able to work to deadlines with effective communication skills as you will be liaising with team members, clients and other stakeholders who all work as part our community
The following skills are ideal however we want the best person for this role so if you can identify with the below but lack the industry experience, we would still like to hear from you
- Experience in highway management
- A familiarity with the use of GIS software and databases would be of benefit
- Solid IT skills – Microsoft Office packages
- Current UK driving license