Assistant Project Manager
Project Delivery and Management
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow their project management skills in a complex, fast moving environment on the M25.
You will gain experience and exposure assisting the project manager in renewals and improvement projects through the full project life cycle. You will also gain exposure liaising with the multiple stakeholders including National Highways and Connect Plus.
Your role will see you coordinating several projects at different stages of the project lifecycle
Key responsibilities will include:
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget, and programme
- Liaise and manage progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
- Support with schedule and resolve delivery issues for individual projects
- Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
- Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
- Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams
- Assess, mitigate, and manage progress, finance, and delivery risks
- Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation
- Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented
What we are looking for:
- Someone with broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Civil Engineering
- Preference of IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway’s environment
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- CSCS Card
- Knowledge of the NEC Contract