Assistant Quantity Surveyor
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join us to work in South Mimms.
supporting other more senior members of the commercial team in delivering the varied commercial duties as well as being responsible for managing our supply chain.
What you’ll be doing
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the company procurement processes;
- Co-manage with the Procurement Team the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation in accordance with Connect Plus Services procedures;
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company internal BMS processes;
- Accountable for mentoring junior members of the team, and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Connect Plus Services Directors/Managers, as required;
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate reporting of procurement activities.
Who we’re looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- Good Working Knowledge and Contract Administration skill of NEC3 / NEC4 Contracts;
- Awareness of construction techniques on Highways projects;
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials;
- Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement;
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.