Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of Highways England and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing. The role of Bridges Inspector will include the planning, delivery and reporting of Highways Structures Inspections including Bridges, Culverts, Retaining Walls, Gantries and High Masts. This will include Principal, General and Special Inspections plus other safety critical and condition inspections as required by the M25 DBFO contract.
The role will cover a range of inspection related activities:
Planning programmes of Bridge Inspections, Special Inspections and monitoring for designated sector;
· Co-ordinating roadspace, traffic management and access arrangements;
· Developing structures specific methodologies for inspections including inventory reviews and updates;
· Development and review of structures specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements for inspections;
· Carrying out inspections and recording information in accordance with the requirements of the M25 Contract, The Inspection Manual for Highway Structures and The Design Manual for Roads and Bridges;
· Flexibility and prepared to undertake night working for delivery of inspections;
· Support in the application of risk based principles and use of new technology in inspections;
· Reporting of inspections into the M25 Asset Management System including use of mobile inspection applications during inspections;
· Collaboration with Scheme and Service Delivery Teams in planning of the delivery of inspections and surveys;
· Support Engineering team in management of critical defects identified in inspections;
Attendance at call-outs for the management of emergency incidents involving specified assets.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
· Proven relevant experience in structural inspections; Having gained, or working towards, accreditation under the Bridge Inspector Competency Scheme at Inspector or Senior Inspector relevant to experience (training/support will be provided);
· Knowledge of Highways England inspection codes plus The Inspection Manual for Highway Structures;
· Good understanding of Health and Safety and hold a valid CSCS card (desirable);
· Certification for Confined Spaces, IPAF, PASMA, PTS desirable (training/support will be provided;
· Knowledge and experience of the Highways England SMIS database and Bridge Management Systems (desirable);
· Current UK driving license