Business Support Assistant (Receptionist)
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for a Business Support Assistant (Receptionist) to join us to work in South Mimms.
- To provide a courteous, effective and efficient front of house service to all visitors and callers and ad hoc administrative support to the wider team.
What you’ll be doing
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive all visitors in a friendly and courteous manner and comply with building security protocols;
- Operate the switchboard and route calls in a timely manner;
- Maintain meeting room diaries and ensure rooms are ready for use;
- Provide visitors with refreshments, when applicable;
- Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean and tidy;
- Organise taxis, couriers and deliveries, as necessary;
- Organise Pool car diary;
- Order lunches, stationery and consumables;
- Maintain printers;
- Book Zoom/video conferencing facilities;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Sign for deliveries and ensure these are immediately forwarded to the recipient;
- Support ad-hoc administrative duties, as required;
- Carry out weekly office inspections;
- Look for way to constantly improve customer services within this area of the business;
- Maintain noticeboard.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Professional personal presentation;
- Strong customer focus;
- Organised and able to work on own initiative;
- Excellent team working skills, and able to build relationships at all levels.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.