Control room manager
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
Our teams face day to day challenges and operate a 24/7 operation 365 days a year. CPS are looking for an experienced manager to tactically lead and manage the control room teams, ensuring the consistent delivery of a high standard of service and performance in the operation and management of the strategic M25 DBFO road network.
CPS operates Control Room functions at South Mimms and Dartford. Although the post holder will be principally based at Dartford they will be required to travel to and work at other locations to meet the demands of the role.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Tactically manage the activities of the control room teams including staff at other locations, in coordinating the deployment of appropriate resources to successfully resolve incidents in compliance with policy and contractual requirements
- Ensure the control room accurately receives and disseminates information to optimize safety and maximize efficient response and resolution of incidents
- Ensure that CCTV, tunnel, and bridge safety systems are monitored, operable and that an appropriate response is taken to alarms in line with emergency plans
- To ensure that relevant colleagues and stakeholders are updated of critical incidents via the escalation process and to be the point of contact at times
- To manage and ensure adherence to minimum staffing levels is always maintained
- To support and manage the team, ensuring that all performance targets are achieved, and that sickness, welfare and training management is provided and managed in line with business process
- Conduct staff appraisals, setting action plans and development as required for duty managers
- Ensure that key performance and contractual obligations are met
- Build strong, effective working relationships with stakeholders and internal partners
- Manage the control room function and deliverables for Winter Maintenance and required network response
- Undertake and be the point of contact for all control-room audits and compliance related matters
- Undertake technology review and renewals as required across whole life of the control room
We are looking for someone who can identify with the following skill set:
- Considerable experience of leading a team of people, developing skills and coaching
- Experience of working in an environment involving the time-critical deployment of resources and outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of working in a performance driven environment, producing monthly reports and data statistics for the business for decision making purposes
- Aptitude for effective problem solving, using information to consider options and outcomes
- Ability to operate and interrogate several based IT systems simultaneously to a high level of competence
- Demonstrate an understanding of the commercial implications of operational decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritizing the response to multiple events simultaneously
- Understand Incident Management and emergency command structures and escalation processes
- Experience of transport and road network environments
- The post holder must meet the requirements of security clearance and industry accreditations
- Ability to proactively respond to the requirements of a real-time environment and read situations as they develop, delegating resources and resolving issues to a safe conclusion