Control Room Operator
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking for a Control Room Operative to join us working out of Dartford Crossing.
· To support direct the activities of the Incident Support Units in coordinating the deployment of appropriate resources to successfully resolve incidents in compliance with policy and contractual requirements
· To accurately receive and disseminate information in order to optimise safety and maximise efficient response and resolution of incidents
· To ensure that CCTV, tunnel and bridge safety systems are monitored and that an appropriate response is taken to alarms
· To ensure accurate recording of network occupancy through use of NOMS and SRW
· To ensure that relevant colleagues and stakeholders are updated of critical incidents via the SMS text system and other platforms.
· To comply with Connect Plus policies and procedures as detailed in NOC plans
· To work to agreed performance and quality standards
·To build strong, effective working relationships with stakeholders and partners including real-time liaison with the Regional Control Centers, NTIC and NILO
· To monitor and react , in a timely manner, to all alarms on the SCADA system
Live the Connect Plus Services Values
· Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
· Support the delivery of Connect Plus Services Sustainability activities