Depot Operational Support – Swanley
This role will allow the O&M team to concentrate on operational matters and planning, with a strategic approach. Assisting in tasks which are critical in managing budgets and performance. Relieving the operational staff of day to day admin duties will also allow the Shift Managers to get more site time to manage crews, more face to face time in their environment should enhance the relationship, proactively manage safety, health and welfare, drive performance and productivity.
• Support the scheduler with updating the quadrant programmes
• Updating budget tracker sheet – update planned with actual and keep records to inform of future activities
• Carry out general administration duties – updating litter surveys, winter service treatments sheets, filling and archiving, fleet and plant records
• Support the team with producing work packs and uploading to Agile
• Update notice boards
• Collate DWBs and update weekly list
• Assist with updating rotas
• Applying for PTBG
• Inventory management of all types of stock, consumables, PPE and safety fence. Opportunity to develop in this area to raise indents as and when required
• Assist in the monitoring of the React Tec systems and provide information to line managers, to ensure exposure levels are not being exceeded
• Support the team in tracking the training and developments plans for the staff and crews in the depot
• Live the Connect Plus Services Values
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
• Good English and maths ability
• Enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills, in a demanding and performance driven environment
• Professional conduct and appearance
• IT skills – proficient in Microsoft (or similar platform) suite of products
• The role will be fully embedded within the O&M team and report to the O&M manager.
• During their time in the O&M team, they would be exposed to a variety of different elements of the business from planning of works, stock management, administration duties, general highways operations and maintenance, which would allow any candidate further development in more specialised roles, as they develop through their time with us.