Project Management office
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
The role purpose:
This role ensures that documentation being received and issued to clients and stakeholders, is issued through the appropriate systems and that documents are numbered and titled correctly to ensure the correct versions are in use.
The role is responsible for defining and operating a CPS document control procedure, ensuring a consistent document numbering system, version control and receipt/transmission methodology. This will ensure that information sent and received to external stakeholders is properly filed, tracked and controlled.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement a procedure for managing all formal incoming/outgoing correspondence between CPS, HE and Third Parties, including document numbering and version control
- Identify contractual requirements and timescales in relation to control and distribution of Third-Party documents and information requests
- Establish controls and processes to meet contractual requirements for incoming and outgoing documents, issue and track internal distribution/workflows
- Provide monthly management information which identifies progress, issues and volumes of work undertaken in relation to document transmittals
- To liaise with and distribute Third Party documents / information requests to the correct departments / interested parties at all levels and potential external parties
- Manage business archiving such that all documentation is stored efficiently and can be accessed and referenced at all times
- Assist in supporting external & internal audits, coordinating activities and ensuring timely response to requests from auditors
- Investigate and respond to corrective actions related to document control and training
- Liaise with wider teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met
- Identify opportunities for improvement
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- A good understanding of IT and in particular document management system ( e.g Business Collaborator / the Aconex), Power BI or other reporting systems;
- An ability to understand how departments relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
- To be able to work with limited supervision and using own initiative to solve problems