Electrical Maintenance Technician
CPS (Balfour Beatty)
We are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Technician to work with our team based out of Dartford. The team work a varied work pattern to cover cyclical and emergency works for the Dartford river crossing and other M25 Tunnels.
- When authorised, to carry out switching on Connect Plus Services 11kV
- Carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of electrical equipment which includes Switchgear, Transformers, Pumps, Fans, VSDs, lighting and associated control gear etc.
- Repair and maintenance of the traffic safety system on the approach to the Dartford tunnels including sensors, barriers and traffic signals.
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
- Carry out all type of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of an Electrical Technician with or without direct supervision
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including “out of trade” work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Drive vehicles as required, for maintenance purposes
- Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met and safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Ensure that vehicles, plant and equipment are available and maintained for safe operational use.
- Ensure that routine vehicle checks and drivers hours books are completed in accordance with company procedures.
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident.
To be successful in the role you should have the following skills:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Relevant qualifications e.g. City & Guilds
- 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
- Authorised Person an advantage
Card holder or training will be provided if necessary in:
- Confined spaces training
- Inspection & Testing C&G 2391
- CSCS Safety Card
- Knowledge and experience of generators and switchgear to 11KV
- Fault finding using schematic drawings.
- All round experience in Electrical Maintenance
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to carry out electrical installation work to current legislation
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.