CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
We are looking for an Electrician to work within the CPS Technology Maintenance Team maintaining & improving Area 5 Technology assets.
This role includes the line management and supervision of the electrical engineers employed on the Technology Maintenance team and any electrical contractors engaged for the Technology works.
- Adhere to ‘Zero Harm’ safety process at all times
- Provide a customer focused/service/commercial approach to work
- Responsible for Supervision of Electrical Engineers
- Responsible for developing fault reduction strategies within each sector
- Ensure systems are well maintained and faults rectified in line with GM701 through efficient and effective working
- Ensure Service Now data is captured and entered correctly and all data accurate
- Responsible for Electrical engineers NHSS 8 sector scheme portfolios to maintain BBMCE compliance under the scheme
- Carries out fault rectification and maintenance duties within the contract response times
- Technical liaison to DNO for Connections, standard compliance and trouble shooting
- Manage, Construct and Advise on Electrically biased WPP’s
- Ensure all test, inspection and verification is compliant to BS7671 and MCH standards
- Inspects new schemes for electrical compliance
- Inspection of on-site installations
- Carry out site inspections and quality audits in line with Balfour Beatty ESSoW
- Carry out electrical sample testing and inspection
- Attend contract progression and technical meetings
- Ensure Authorised Persons are trained and skilled to the latest relevant Engineering standards
- Provide assistance to the Commercial Team relating to payment, additional works and changes to scope/Works Information
- Drive, inspire and encourage the reporting of safety Observations
- Qualified to C&G 2382& 2391
- HEA Qualified Supervisor
- Good knowledge of NH communications power infrastructure and standards
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage a subcontractor
- Experience of working with the NRTS Contractor
- Must be able to work at height and in confined spaces
- Will be required to hold NHSS Sector 8 Accreditation (Highways Communications, Traffic Signals and Highways Electrical)
- Must hold a full driving licence