Emergency Response Unit – Denham
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Our Denham team are looking for a team member for their Emergency Response Team based out of Denham
The key responsibilities/ duties for this position below, but not exclusive to:
- Cyclical maintenance graffiti removal
- Carriageway repairs
- Soft estate maintenance (eg grassland maintenance)
- Litter picking
- Sign maintenance
- Cleansing Safety fence repairs
- Boundary fence repairs
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers
You will be required to Implement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards.
You will need to be able to provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required. We use mobile communication and innovative data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
You will also be required to
- undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation.
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current Maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate.
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required Attend training courses as required
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Driver Qualification Card
- CSCS Operative Card
- FISS card
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance
- Traffic Management Foreman (TMF) qualification/Lead Traffic Management Operative (LTMO) OR hold a 360’ excavator competence AND 2B VRS Basic & ABC/CCB
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification
- 12AB For Static Temporary Traffic Management on High Speed Roads and All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network
- NHSS Sector 2 A/B Fencing qualification
- Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80) Snowplough/ V blade
- Appropriate lifting qualification
- Vehicle Marshall
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV)
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel
- Abrasive Wheel
- First Aid
- Safety Defect Awareness Training
- Plant/small tools training
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g. clam shell