ERT Maintenance Operative Level 2
Trades and operatives
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for an ERT Maintenance Operative Level 2 to join us to work in Swanley, Kent.
To assist in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of incident response, hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required by Line Manager.
What you’ll be doing
As a ERT Maintenance Operative Level 2, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Implement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards;
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required;
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required;
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation;
- Taking due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios.
Who we’re looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2);
- Driver Qualification Card;
- CSCS Operative Card;
- FISS card;
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.