GIS Analyst reporting to the Digital Engineering Manager is expected to lead the GIS Development and associated predictive analytics works withing Connect Plus Services. Primarily working with the GIS Administrator and data warehouse team to deliver the emerging requirements of GIS; closely working with various Directorates like Engineering, Asset & Project Delivery, IT, Service Delivery etc to capture, understand and deliver on their requirements.
- Produce high-quality GIS outputs and products to meet project requirements to deadlines and according to project standards.
- Create and administer project Web Mapping applications
- Provide appropriate GIS analysis, data creation and management to support projects and disciplines.
- Data Analytics using Power BI, ArcGIS Insights, and other similar tools.
- Implement appropriate QA/QC measures and governance around delivery of use-cases and on-going updates to existing GIS Developments.
- Provide GIS technical support on projects to various Asset teams in CPS.
- Communicate the benefits of GIS in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Identify and develop business opportunities.
- Support Chief Engineer with other tasks, when required.
- Make health and safety personal by contributing to Zero Harm and well-being strategies at all levels within the business.
- To have some experience in providing GIS support in a project environment with internal clients
- To be able to communicate the benefits of using GIS within a project or task.
- To have experience in Data Analysis preferably in Power BI and understand the concepts of data science (preferable).
- To work closely with the Chief Engineer and other key team members to support them in meeting key deadlines, to formulate effective asset delivery plans consistent with the business strategy; identify clear priorities and objectives.
- Liaise closely with the data management system owners, Agile Assets, GIS and future Digital Twin to make sure that most updated and relevant data is used consistently by all business functions for decision making
- Identify best practice from within the industry, parent companies and elsewhere and propose for use where appropriate in CPS.
- To take on any other responsibilities or duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Live the CPS Values.
- Ensure a relentless focus on health, safety and wellbeing.
- Support the delivery of the business’ sustainability activities.
- To have excellent written and spoken English.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
- Relevant degree qualification in GIS or considerable experience using GIS software in a professional environment.
- You have experience using ArcGIS 10.X and its extensions.
- You have administered mobile data capture applications such as Esri’s Survey 123 or ArcGIS Collector
- You have proven experience of delivering high quality outputs to deadlines within pressurised environments.
- Working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- 5 days of CPD in last 12 months including 3 related to highway engineering.
- Good knowledge of MS Office 365, Microsoft Excel Macros, Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, Teams and Graphs, able to create presentations under minimal direction from Senior Engineering Leadership team.
- Knowledge in highway engineering and design standards (DMRB / MCDHW/TSRGD etc.) relevant to highway engineering
- Minimum three years of experience is desirable but not a must.
- Passionate about how GIS solutions can solve real problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex business structure.
- A positive and innovative approach and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive problem solving and multitasking.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused; ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the organisation and with clients.
- Team building skills.
- Strong skills to communicate targets and priorities.
- Planning (short, medium & long term) and Organising
- Risk identification and management in agile environments
- Excellent Collaborative skills; working with multiple stakeholders.
- Flexibility and motivation
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.