Head of Integrated Planning
Project Management Office
This role will lead a team focussed on planning project delivery and road space to enable the investment programme to be delivered, alongside planned and reactive maintenance activity and third party works.
The role will drive excellence in our planning approaches, from ensuring best practice Project Controls are in place for baselining and measuring project delivery, to driving accuracy in our approach to road space booking across the M25 community. The role will also ensure that CPS maintains intelligence of planned third party works that may impact on the M25 network, including major project activity.
The post holder will lead a significant team and have wide ranging stakeholder relationships across the M25 community so will be a capable people leader and adept at developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships. This is also a senior leadership role and therefore has responsibility for performance reporting within the business as well as externally.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that an integrated programme is developed and maintained across the M25 network to drive efficient delivery of maintenance and project work
- Identify and realise opportunities to drive delivery cost and schedule savings through improved planning processes. Demonstrate delivered savings as part of departmental reporting
- Drive continuous improvement within the Integrated Planning team by identifying areas where performance improvement is required and applying Lean and 6-Sigma techniques to deliver savings
- Present and produce monthly management reporting on functional area performance covering financial and output performance.
- Ensure that high quality monthly reporting on programme performance is produced and present this reporting internally and externally, always giving a positive impression of the function and CPS
- Take an active role in the M25 community through participation in community forums, workshops and other meetings and groups
- Take accountability for the achievement of KPIs within the scope of the function. These may include formal contract KPIs, internal metrics or incentive measures within the M25 community
- Contribute towards the achievement of the CPS Strategy through taking an active role in Strategy Working groups
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders around the M25 Community (including Connect Plus, Framework Contractors and National Highways) in support of driving improved planning and collaboration
- Manage the operational budget for the Integrated Planning function, including control of team costs, recruitment and cost forecasting and reporting
- Lead the Integrated Planning team, comprising Project Controls, Road Space and Third-Party Works, ensuring there are clear targets in place and that performance is being managed across the team
- Take an active and visible role in promoting excellent Health, Safety and Wellbeing across the business function
We are looking for someone who identifies with the below:
- Engineering or technical background with experience of working on large (> 100m annually) programmes of capital investment
- Understanding of planning and Project Controls best practices
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience of interpreting and influencing operational contracts
- Demonstrated credibility in influencing others through data analysis
- A self-starter, with the ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Ability to operate at all levels of the business
- Strong understanding and/or experience of Project Management
We promote flexible and part time working therefore whilst the above role is a full time opportunity we encourage applicants from all individuals, we are looking for the best person for the role