Head of Performance and Quality
Project Management Office
The Performance and Quality Lead is responsible for ensuring that business performance requirements (particularly those defined in the contract with Connect Plus) are clearly defined and measured. It is also responsible for defining and implementing a Quality Management System which enables the business to have a well-defined suite of business processes and supports the business in assessing compliance with those processes.
The role will lead a team that will manage the Quality Management System, including undertaking audits of compliance and will support the business with development of improvement plans where required. The team will also ensure that business performance is measured and reported and work closely with other business units to develop action plans where performance does not meet the desired level.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of a business quality management system that details the procedures to be followed across the business to deliver the requirements of the DBFO contract and support efficient business operations.
- Management of the process of Performance Point Events and Investigations, promoting the use of self-policing of compliance as well as ensuring that compliance issues raised by Connect Plus or National Highways are properly investigated and addressed in collaboration with the relevant business unit.
- Management of the process of performance reporting in line with contract requirements, including collating monthly KPI information as well as quarterly and annual reporting required by the business.
- Working closely with business stakeholders, drive a programme of business improvement to support the delivery of the business strategic improvement targets. Ensure that the principles of Lean/6-Sigma are applied where possible to reduce waste and improve business efficiency, measurable through financial performance
- To build, develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders to promote a positive perception of CPS as a performance and customer-focussed organisation committed to continuous improvement
- To develop and deliver a Business Improvement plan that supports the overall CPS Business Strategy
- Take an active and visible role in promoting excellent Health, Safety and Wellbeing across the business function
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Highly numerate with experience in data analysis and reporting across several business areas
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience of interpreting and influencing operational contracts
- Demonstrated credibility in influencing others through data analysis
- A self-starter, with the ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Ability to operate at all levels of the business
- Strong understanding and/or experience of Project Management