Health and Safety Advisor
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our HSW team based on the M25.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a visible champion for Health, Safety and Wellbeing throughout the project engaging with Operatives and Managers
- Oversee the implementation of Organisational Standards relating to HSW at a local level and providing feedbacking to the HSW Managers on any areas of improvement or potential conflict with business requirements
- Monitor the delivery of the communications strategy to keep HSW on the operational delivery agenda and report back to the HSW Managers on the levels of effective communication
- To support the delivery of appropriate and adequate HSW training based on Project needs
- Support/ undertake targeted inspections of HSW management system and supply chain audits, tracking & supporting actions to close out
- Managing own diary and stakeholder communications to plan, schedule and conduct inspections and HSW conversations with site & depot-based teams
- To prepare and communicate timely reports and presentations detailing performance data on inspection findings, tracking & supporting actions to close out
- To positively represent the Health, Safety & Well-being function and its strategy to the wider business and stakeholders
- To review work activities against safety system of work taking appropriate action and providing documented advice where necessary
- Support incident investigations, ensuring incidents are dealt with effectively with actions tracked to close out
Skills and experience required for the role:
- Professional qualification in health and safety (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- A current CSCS Card (we will train if required)
- Clean, full driving license
- Able to maintain a regular night-time and weekend presence
- Utilise suite of Microsoft Office applications and digital platforms at an intermediate level to review data, identify themes and prepare representative graphs