Health & Safety Manager
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Health, safety and wellbeing
· To manage and provide advice, support and direction to contract HSW Managers/Advisors to enable them to support the CPS & Connect Plus (CP) teams in a coherent and co-ordinated manner.
· To manage the HSW team in undertaking site engagement tours and inspections and audits of HSW to ensure compliance with the requirements of the BB Safety Management System
· To assist in developing, maintaining, and promoting the implementation of the Contract HSW Management Systems including the Project H&S Plan
· To develop and deliver suitable HSW training programmes for all project personnel (including routine contract inductions) in line with budget.
· To provide support and management of external audits and liaise to assist in the provision of corrective actions and closeout of audit findings
· To support the operations teams in investigating, reporting and identifying recommendations/ learnings from accidents and incidents and manage the effective close out of actions.
· To provide feedback to the Head of HSW on the efficacy of the Safety Management System and make recommendations for improvement
· To manage the team in identifying the HSW competencies/certification required for staff and ensure these are delivered and maintained. Ensure that appropriate and auditable records are kept and maintained, monitor such records through audit and inspections
· To lead on the reviewing and advising on Method Statements and Risk Assessments both internally and from the Supply Chain
· To Manage/drive internal and External working groups
· To Deputise for the Head of HSW where required
· To support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Experience and demonstrable key achievements in managing teams in highway maintenance, construction or a similar complex risk industry
Strong communication and relationship management skills are required, coupled with an ability to influence through others and support/coach the HSW team where necessary
Experience of positively changing culture through leadership, coaching and mentoring at all levels within an organisation along with a focus on continuous improvement to maintain a positive HSW culture
A relevant professional qualification, such as NEBOSH diploma or equivalent and chartered membership of IOSH is desirable