Incident Support – Swanley
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for an ISU Operative level 1 to join us to work in Swanley, Kent.
- To assist in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of incident response, hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required by Line Manager.
- Provide the initial response and arrange specialist advice at the scene of road related incidents, hazards and collisions acting in Bronze incident command capacity.
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with agreed policies, method statements and risk assessments to facilitate the prompt clear up of hazard/incident.
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- debris and safety patrols/inspections,
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs,
- soft estate maintenance (eg grass),
- litter picking,
- sign maintenance,
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Implement Emergency Traffic Management in line with company policies, method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current ISU checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate.
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Driver Qualification Card
- CSCS Operative Card
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification