Incident Support Unit (ISU) Operative
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the connect plus services team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25
We are looking for an ISU (Incident Support Unit) team member to join us to work out of our depot in Swanley, Kent.
You will be required to assist in the efficient service delivery by undertaking a wide range of incident responses, hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Provide the initial response and arrange specialist advice at the scene of road related incidents, hazards, and collisions
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with agreed CPS policies, method statements and risk assessments to facilitate the prompt clear up of incidents
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- debris and safety patrols/inspections
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs
- strimming and grass cutting
- litter picking
- sign maintenance
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Implement Emergency Traffic Management
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current ISU checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required
What we are looking for:
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- CSCS Operative Card
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification
- Appropriate manual handling qualification
- Appropriate lifting qualification
- Vehicle Marshall
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV)
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel
If you don’t quite have all of the above tickets and experience there could be other levels of roles available in the same team. Please contact us to enquire about other openings