Incident Support Unit Operative – Swanley
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Our Swanley team are looking for 2 team members to join their Incident Support Unit. Our teams support and manage incidents across our network and support the business in successfully operating smoothly.
The key responsibilities/ duties for this position below, but not exclusive to:
- Provide the initial response and arrange specialist advice at the scene of road related incidents, hazards and collisions acting in Bronze incident command capacity.
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with agreed policies, method statements and risk assessments to facilitate the prompt clear up of hazard/incident.
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- debris and safety patrols/inspections,
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs,
- soft estate maintenance
- litter picking,
- sign maintenance,
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Implement Emergency Traffic Management in line with company policies, method statements and risk assessments.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current ISU checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate.
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required
We have a number of qualifications which are essential for the role, however the rest we will help you train towards
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Driver Qualification Card
- CSCS Operative Card
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance no longer relevant
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification