About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for an IT Project Manager & Business Analyst to join us to work in either Dartford or South Mimms.
- Project manage the delivery of IT Systems projects identified within scope, budgets, and timelines.
What you’ll be doing
As a IT Project Manager & Business Analyst you will:
- Manage IT project delivery for a broad range of projects;
- Report to Head of IT, Systems Manager and PMO on programme, cost and risks;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the business Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experienced project manager knowledge of established methodologies Prince / ITIL;
- Experience in translating business requirements into solutions;
- Experience of working in a performance driven environment;
- Experience of working effectively both as an individual and part of a team, making timely and appropriate decisions;
- An aptitude for problem solving, using information effectively to consider options and outcomes;
- Working knowledge of commercial systems, networks and IT generally.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.