Lead Engineer – Technology
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
To work within the Connect Plus Services Technology Maintenance Team maintaining & improving Area 5 Technology assets
This role includes the supervising of the regionalised Technology Engineers and Technicians to carry out cyclic maintenance and fault/failure rectification activities on the following types of equipment – CCTV, ERT, MIDAS, RCC, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signal, Message sign and signal equipment in line with the National Highways and Technology Services quality plan, ensuring the technology systems are maintained and repaired in accordance with the contractual requirements and timescales required
- Responsible for Supervision of Technology Engineers and Technicians
- Responsible for developing fault reduction strategies
- Ensure systems are maintained and repaired within contractual requirements through efficient and effective working
- Ensure National Highways Service Now data is captured and entered correctly
- Attend faults, knockdowns and carries out corrective maintenance including the reinstatement of sites, cable and equipment damaged by others
- Responsible for repairs to modules and components ensuring these are completed within the contract time frame
- Proficient in the maintenance and operation of all National Highways systems (hardware and software) within each Control Office
- Responsibility for ensuring that all faults are repaired within Contract timescales during normal working day and monitoring this within area
- Responsibility for ensuring all planned maintenance is carried out within Contract timescales and monitoring this
- Manage the allocation of faults forwarded via Service Now to Technology Engineers assuring fault response times are achieved
- Responsible for regional engineers NHSS 8 sector scheme portfolios to maintain CPS compliance under the scheme
- Carries out fault rectification and maintenance duties within the contract response times
- Responsible for responding to emergencies in line with emergency procedures
- Provides technical liaison for third party faults.
- Manage the sub-contractor’s work on Traffic Signal systems and related equipment.
- Qualified to HNC or B/TEC Higher National Certificate in electronics/ telecommunications engineering (or equivalent qualification), OR 8 years’ experience working on Motorway communications or closely related systems
- NHSS8 Certified
- Good knowledge of NH communications infrastructure and standards
- Good knowledge of NH testing / ADAMr requirements
- NMCS 2 Communications experience i.e. good all round technology experience e.g. MIDAS, CCTV, VMS, ERTs, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signals etc.
- Excellent team management skills and a genuine interest in team development
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work closely and manage subcontractors
- Experience of working with the NRTS Contractor