About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for a Lead Estimator to join us to work in South Mimms.
- To manage the estimating aspects of the improvements, asset renewals, predefined Asset team and change evaluation. Reporting to the Commercial Manager this position will be responsible for the improvement team. The role will also provide estimating support to the Asset Management Team and valuation of change across the entire contract.
What you’ll be doing
As a Lead Estimator, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Deal with day-to-day estimating requirements for the Improvement team and queries from a variety of stakeholders;
- Deal with the day- to- day estimating requirements for the Change Control Manager;
- Support the Asset Management Plans providing an estimating function;
- Monitoring, administering and auditing the estimating procedures within the business;
- Actively support and contribute to the development of the commercial strategy.
Who we’re looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
- Relevant and sufficient knowledge and experience within an estimating background;
- Proven experience of gaining credibility and building strong working relationships;
- Ideally be a candidate who has previous experience within highways/construction;
- Have proven Highway Maintenance Estimating, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Awareness of current commercial legislation.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.