Level 2 Maintenance Operative – Blunts Farm
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for a Level 2 Maintenance Operative to join us to work in Theydon Bois.
- To assist in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required by Line Manager.
What you’ll be doing
As a Level 2 Maintenance Operative you will:
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- – cyclical maintenance graffiti removal;
- – carriageway repairs;
- – soft estate maintenance (e.g. grassland maintenance);
- – litter picking;
- – sign maintenance;
- – cleansing;
- – safety fence repairs;
- – boundary fence repairs;
- – civil engineering or building tasks of minor remedial nature (eg headwall repair);
- – Any other duties allocated by Line Managers;
- Implement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards;
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required;
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required;
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation;
- Take due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios;
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed;
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current Maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate;
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required;
- Attend training courses as required;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2);
- Driver Qualification Card;
- CSCS Operative Card;
- FISS card;
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance;
- Traffic Management Foreman (TMF) qualification/Lead Traffic Management Operative (LTMO) OR hold a 360 excavator competence AND 2B VRS Basic & ABC/CCB;
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18;
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification;
- 12AB For Static Temporary Traffic Management on High Speed Roads and All Purose Trunk Road;
- (APTR) network;
- NHSS Sector 2 A/B Fencing qualification;
- Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80);
- Snowplough/ V blade;
- Appropriate lifting qualification;
- Vehicle Marshall;
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV);
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel.
- Abrasive Wheel;
- First Aid;
- Safety Defect Awareness Training;
- Plant/small tools training;
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g. clam shell.
- Working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network;
- Experience of working in a similar traffic / transport / highways / recovery role are preferred.
- Good customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work professionally with key stakeholders e.g. Highways England and Emergency Services;
- A confident and professional manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Team player;
- A clear and thorough communication style and has ability to understand and follow Health & Safety briefings and instructions and contribute to Zero Harm;
- Follow the Companys Code of Conduct policy;
- Willingness to accept and act upon reasonable management instruction from line manager;
- Ability to operate and manage difficult working environments i.e. road traffic collisions.