Linear Asset Lead
Engaged with Highways England, DBFO Co and key stakeholders internally. you are the key point of contact between the Asset Team and commercial you assist with the operational agreements and technical aspects to establish the Contract Change resulting from the implementation of third-party additional works, network improvements schemes on pavement assets and maintenance.
The main purpose of this role is:
- Provide a long term integrated asset management and value adding approach to the Linear Assets (Drainage, Geotechnics, Road Restraint systems, Fences and Barriers, Road Studs , Line Marking and Signs) and assist in the development and implementation of an integrated Asset Management System including the development and maintenance of network plans using HAPMS and new asset management systems.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of network plans using HADMS, HAGMS and the M25 Integrated Asset Management Systems (Agile).
- Develop, implement and continuously improve an asset management strategy to deliver efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the Linear Assets whilst considering the DBFOs asset management objectives.
- Progress inspections and specialist surveys to identify and scope maintenance, renewal and improvement projects to overcome specific linear asset issues.
- Manage the production and delivery of the 1, 5 and 30 year Asset Management Forward Plan (AMFP) and programme, including the preparation of scheme estimates and calculation of asset expenditure using deterioration models in conjunction with the DBFO finance model.
- React to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks.
- Identify and embrace change and promote innovations as the key to continuous improvement. With this, the identification of potential improvement funding opportunities weighted against Highways England Value Management principles and Contract Change Impact.
- Work closely with commercial and financial business areas in order to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third party additional works and network improvement schemes.
- Promote the highest standards of safety in accordance with Zero Harm commitment implemented by CPS.
- Production of AMFP for Linear Assets and continuously develop / improve the 5 and 30 year programme in order to demonstrate the management of condition in order to meet handback requirements within the DBFO Contract.
- Substantial experience in design, construction and maintenance of Drainage, Geotechnics and other linear assets such as road restraint systems and fencing.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent with proven experience.
- Membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example ICE, CIHT, or equivalent)
- Recent Management experience.
- Experience in relevant design standards in accordance with the RWSC, DMRB and MCHW
- Practical understanding of operations, maintenance and renewal of various linear assets
- Experience in developing Bills of Quantities and Scheme estimates
- Experience in understanding the Commercial Impact resulting from a changed operational regime, resulting from external influences
- Skilled in MS Office, HAPMS; Confirm experience and ability to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile)
- Broad Project Management and programming skills
- Broad knowledge of other highway related areas