Maintenance Mechanical Technician
Mechanical & Electrical
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanical Technician to join us to work in Dartford.
- To assist in the efficient operation of the Dartford River Crossing / M25 Tunnels by undertaking maintenance and other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor
What you’ll be doing
As a Maintenance Mechanical Technician you will:
- Be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Be conversant with the operation of all mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control;
- Be able to carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of mechanical equipment which includes pumps, fans, pipe work etc;
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets;
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision;
- Carry out all type of Civil and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of an Mechanical Technician with or without direct supervision;
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including out of trade work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Drive various vehicles as required, including those for maintenance purposes;
- Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met and safe working practices are adopted at all times;
- Ensure that vehicles, plant and equipment are available and maintained for safe operational use;
- Ensure that routine vehicle checks and drivers hours books are completed in accordance with company procedures;
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident;
- Any other duties within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician as required by Line Managers;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of Connect Plus Services Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
- Recognised Mechanical Qualification / Apprenticeship;
- Card holder or Training will be provided if necessary in a CSCS Safety Card; MEWPS (mobile elevating working platforms) and Confined spaces;
- Routine maintenance and repairs to a wide range of equipment including pumps, fans etc;
- Practical maintenance or servicing experience on mechanical plant;
- Problem solving & fault finding with reference to maintenance manuals and drawings;
- All round experience of welding, plumbing and manufacturing items using workshop machinery;
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation;
- G39 working in the vicinity of DNO equipment.
- Good customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A confident and professional manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex matrix structure;
- Team player;
- A clear and thorough communication style.