Maintenance Operatives (Scratchwood – Mill Hill NW7)
We are looking for Maintenance Operatives who can assist in the efficient service delivery of the M25. this role will see you undertaking a wide range of duties including network Maintenance, hazard clearance, and other tasks as required by Line Manager.
Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- cyclical maintenance
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs,
- soft estate maintenance (e.g. grassland maintenance)
- litter picking,
- sign maintenance,
- safety fence repairs
- boundary fence repair
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Implementing Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with our policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation.
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current Maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate.
We are looking for dedicated, motivated individuals who are keen to learn and grow in a supportive environment.
You will be expected to work shifts, currently our maintenance teams work 3 weeks of nights and 1 week of days. There is some reasonable travel around the network required. We have vacancies across a number of our depots but a priority need at Scratchwood (Mill Hill NW7).
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.