Mechanical Maintenance Technician
CPS (Balfour Beatty)
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
We are looking for a mechanical maintenance technician to join our team based in Dartford.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- To be conversant with the operation of all mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control
- Carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of mechanical equipment which includes pumps, fans, pipe work
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
- To carry out all type of Civil and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of an Mechanical Technician with or without direct supervision
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including “out of trade” work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Drive various vehicles as required, including those for maintenance purposes
- Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met and safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Ensure that vehicles, plant and equipment are available and maintained for safe operational use.
- Ensure that routine vehicle checks and drivers hours books are completed in accordance with company procedures.
- Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident.
- Any other duties within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician as required by Line Managers