Mechanical Technicians – Dartford
Mechanical & Electrical
Our Tunnel maintenance team are looking for Mechanical Technicians to support in the efficient operation of the M25 Tunnels by undertaking maintenance and other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Repair and maintenance of Bridge & Tunnels including pumps, fans & pipe work within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels
- To complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
- To read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
- To carry out all type of Civil and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of an Mechanical Technician with or without direct supervision
- Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including “out of trade” work) under the instructions of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Drive various vehicles as required, including those for maintenance purposes
- To observe all safety procedures and instructions
- To undertake Incident Support Unit duties (ISU) at the Dartford River Crossing on an ad hoc basis to cover the needs of the service.
- Any other duties within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician as required by the Maintenance Supervisor
There is a need to cover the network 365 days, therefore you need to be able to work on a rotating shift pattern. You will be working out of Dartford, Hatfield, Holmesdale and Bell Common Tunnels as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship
- Valid UK driving licence (minimum C1+E)
- Card holder or Training will be provided if necessary in Traffic Management
- CSCS Safety Card
- MEWPS (mobile elevating working platforms)
- Ability to utilise a Fire extinguisher
- Confined spaces certificate
- Vehicle recovery
- Routine maintenance and repairs to a wide range of equipment including pumps, fans & boilers
- Practical maintenance or servicing experience on mechanical plant
- Problem solving & fault finding with reference to maintenance manuals and drawings
- All round experience of welding, plumbing and manufacturing items using workshop machinery
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Lantra G39/1 working in the vicinity of DNO equipment
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.