O&M Scheduler – Blunts Farm, Epping or South Mimms
We’re recruiting an Operations & Maintenance Scheduler to assist in the safe and efficient programming of all Maintenance, Incident Support and Emergency Response activities on the M25 DBFO Network. Provide technical and administrative support to the O&M Manager in the effective management of all operations in the North East quadrant.
• Responsible for efficient programming of all works in quadrant – producing quadrant plan.
• Working with the O&M Manager to continually adjust and refine short-term programme to ensure all KPIs (Cat1, Cat 2 defects, and compliance with Environmental Protection Act) and planned preventative maintenance for highways and structures are met.
• Maximising utilisation of direct labour, identifying potential shortfalls and mitigation. Raising SCIs as required.
• Managing rota and liaising with Shift Managers to ensure that all shifts are adequately staffed.
• Maximising efficient use of plant and materials and identifying shortfalls. Hiring and off-hiring plant and ordering materials/maintaining stock as required minimising wastage and spending.
• Ensure all road space is booked and used efficiently through co-ordination with other internal and external works
• Assist O&M Manager with detailed resource planning, including people, plant and materials.
• Processing weekly and monthly timesheets, ensuring that Shift Managers have correctly allocated all costs.
• Process delivery notes into the financial management system.
• Liaise with other O&M Programmers and quadrant teams to improve utilisation of resources across the network and share innovative ideas to improve Service Delivery.
• Collate and maintain records relating to Severe Weather Events and update the Winter Database.
• Collate and maintain records relating to planned preventative maintenance for highways and structures.
• Manage DWB, Watchman and customer enquiries databases and ensure escalation of key issues for action.
• To provide general administrative support within a working depot environment.
Skills & Experience: Essential
• CSCS card holder – Site Visitor/Operative
• Previous experience in highway maintenance or regulated sectors (eg rail/utilities)
• Knowledge and experience of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality standards within a highways context
• Current UK driving license
• Previous experience of working in an operational depot environment
• Competent in the use of MS Office applications Excel, Word, Project (or similar).
• Experience of purchasing and / or storekeeping
• Experience of planning shift rotas
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.