Operations and Maintenance Manager
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual who has experience leading a team across a diverse range of duties.
You will be responsible for managing the safe and efficient delivery of operations and maintenance activity within 2 of our depots and ensuring we meet business and customer objectives.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills to ensure we deliver our responsibilities. You will be working in a demanding but rewarding environment
This role will have line management responsibilities for front line workers and a small management population.
- Ensure the safe and efficient management and delivery of maintenance & operations activities including emergency response and winter operations through the supervisors and team leaders
- Participate in the rotas as required for both silver command and winter maintenance
- Ensure compliance to systems, processes and procedures in accordance with the business management system
- Ensure risks are identified, managed and mitigated
- Ensure that arrangements are in place for Shift Managers to be able to check the training that has been given to the workforce and monitor implementation
- Reporting of management information associated with the operations and maintenance activities
- Supporting the Service Delivery Manager in their responsibilities and take an active role in monthly meetings to improve the business unit
- Ensure regular internal and external communications are cascaded down to the team promoting a culture of openness and respect
- Procurement from within the approved supply chain and management of their activities and performance
- Carry out regular inspections of site / depot activities and ensure the delivery of the inspection regime, reporting both good practices and short falls
- Ensure that sufficient and competent resources are available and managed efficiently for maintenance and operations activities within the assigned areas of responsibility
- Visible leadership to motivate the team to achieve targets and optimise their performance and contribution
- Accountable for the delivery of the operations and maintenance activities within the assigned areas of responsibility the annual allocated financial budget and commercial targets
- Ensure the delivery of Sustainability targets
- Develop talent and ensure succession plans are in place
- Ensure the safe and efficient management of vehicles, plant and equipment
- Ensure that controls in place are managed to enable the safe deployment of our workforce including direct employees and supplied workers
- Accountable for the delivery of the annual maintenance programme. Participate in the development of the plan to ensure it is accurate and achievable.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the way the service is delivered
- Deliver briefings as required and monitor standard of those being delivered by direct reports
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of businesses Sustainability activities
- Responsible for the delivery of Zero Harm objectives
Required experience and qualifications
You would ideally have worked in a similar environment in the past and managed large teams of front-line employees. It is crucial that you have good management skills and an ability to lead and influence teams.
We work in a safety critical environment therefore we are looking for someone who can demonstrate an understanding of this type of work. We are also looking for the following skills:
- Appropriate CSCS qualification
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong customer focus and service delivery mindset
- Some Project management experience
- Commercial understanding and budgetary control experience
- Understanding of lean principles
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation