Operations & Maintenance Manager – Leatherhead
We are looking for an OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER SOUTH WEST/LEATHERHEAD to join us to work in Leatherhead.
Manage the safe and efficient delivery of operations and maintenance activity within the allocated geographical area (quadrant) of the DBFO contract to meet business, contract and customer objectives.
What you’ll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of Zero Harm objectives
- Ensure achievement of performance targets
- Ensure the safe and efficient management and delivery of maintenance & operations activities including emergency response and winter operations through the supervisors and team leaders. Participate in the rotas as required for both silver command and winter maintenance.
- Ensure compliance to systems, processes and procedures in accordance with the business management system
- Ensure risks are identified, managed and mitigated
- Ensure that arrangements are in place for Shift Managers to be able to check the training that has been given to the workforce and monitor implementation
- Reporting of management information associated with the operations and maintenance activities
- Supporting the Service Delivery Manager in his/her responsibilities and colleagues in their areas of the business
- Ensure regular internal and external communication including the cascading of information, promoting a culture of openness in the team
- Procurement from within the approved supply chain and management of their activities and performance
- Carry out regular inspections of site / depot activities and ensure the delivery of the inspection regime, reporting both good practices and short falls
- Ensure that sufficient and competent resources are available and managed efficiently for maintenance and operations activities within the assigned areas of responsibility
- Visible leadership to motivate the team to achieve targets and optimise their performance and contribution
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- HNC/HND (or equivalent)
- Appropriate CSCS qualification
- Experience in the delivery of a highways maintenance operations or similar transferable experience
- Team leadership and management experience driving performance and productivity
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong customer focus and service delivery mindset
- Project management experience
- Commercial understanding and budgetary control experience
- Understanding of lean principles
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.