R - 042794
We are currently looking for a Pavement Engineer to join our Asset team based at any of our key locations – Dartford, Leatherhead or South Mimms.
- To develop, implement and continuously improve an asset management strategy to deliver efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the Pavement whilst considering the DBFOs asset management objectives.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of network plans using HAPMS and the Asset management systems. (Agile)
- To provide a long term integrated asset management and value adding approach for Pavements and assist in the development and implementation of an integrated Asset Management System.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of Highways England Pavement Management System (HAPMS), to include network referencing, construction updates, and reporting for inclusion in the Asset Management Forward plan (1, 5 and 30 year).
- Collect and manage Highway inventory asset data using HD video and upload into the Asset management systems, Agile assets/CONFIRM databases.
- Identify and scope maintenance, renewal and improvement projects to overcome pavement issues.
- Assist with the management of technical inspections and machine surveys, to include planning of survey routes, assessment and monitoring of programmes, evaluation of completed surveys identifying missing or incomplete data.
- To provide input into the Production of AMFP for road traffic signs to continuously develop / improve the 5 and 30 year programme in order to demonstrate the management of condition in order to meet hand back requirements, including SCRIM (HD28) skidding risk assessments.
- To manage and react to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks.
- To identify and embrace change and promote innovations as the key to continuous improvement. With this, the identification of potential improvement funding opportunities weighted against Highways England Value Management principles and Contract Change Impact.
- To work closely with commercial and financial business areas to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third party additional works and network improvement schemes on the pavement assets.
- To promote the highest standards of safety in accordance with the Zero Harm commitment implemented by CPS.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience
·Technical diploma, degree level or proven experience;
·Progressing towards / membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example: ICE, CIHT, or equivalent).
·Familiar with pavement design standards in accordance with the RWSC, DMRB and MCHW.
·Familiar with asphalt and concrete mix design.
·Proven experience of pavement design, construction, inspection and investigations.
·General understanding of pavement operations, maintenance and renewal.
·Skilled in MS Office applications.
·A general Understanding and exposure to real time Asset databases. Willingness to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile / dTIMS)