The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the connect plus services performance team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25
We are looking for an portfolio co-ordinator to support our Pre-Defined Assets (PDA) delivery team through co-ordinating and booking road space for delivery of works on the project.
You will work closely with the PDA Portfolio Manager and Project Managers to understand the programme of works and identify opportunities for sharing of road space and traffic management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the PDA Portfolio Planner and Portfolio Manager to understand the annual programme of PDA investment
- Liaise with Project Managers to seek opportunities to group works together geographically to enable sharing of road space and traffic management costs
- Submit road space bookings using the CPS NOMS system for bookings where sharing of road space is not possible
- Participate in road space co-ordination meetings, ensuring that bookings are made in sufficient time and that outstanding information is provided in a timely manner
- Liaise with TfL and local authorities as necessary to obtain permissions for road closures and diversions
- Ensure that all works have the required Traffic Management resource allocated
- Well organised with the ability to plan own workload in an efficient manner
- Experience of working in a project environment desirable
- Ability to consider customer impact of own work
- Able to manage complex issues and communicate these effectively
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships both within own organisation and with external parties.
- Resilient under pressure and in the face of change
- Methodical and output-focussed
- Strong drive and proven delivery record
- Dynamic approach, seeking continuous improvement and further opportunities
This role is being advertised internally only therefore please send your interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org