Portfolio Manager – Inspections
Portfolio Manager Inspections
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
The Portfolio Manager for Inspections is responsible for the definition, sourcing, recruitment and development of capabilities and resources required for safe, high quality delivery of M25 investment programmes.
You will develop and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships across the CPS and the M25 Community; in particular with the Asset & Project Delivery Business Leads, Portfolio Management Office and Asset Management Office to deliver excellence on the M25 and achieve the strategic goals for CPS.
Specific Accountabilities for the Discipline Lead for Inspections:
- Delivering the portfolio of inspections to meet contractual requirements and other business outcomes.
- Promote the highest standards of health and safety – Zero Harm
- Responsible for the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of all those within team through positive leadership and ensuring compliance with related standards
- Lead and manage a team of people within Discipline including Recruitment, Learning & Development, Supply Chain and Performance Management
- Work closely with Business Leads & Portfolio Management Office to ensure that the short, medium and long-term capability and resource needs of the programme are understood, planned and delivered
- Determine, plan and manage the use of 3rd party contracts to effectively complement CPS capabilities; working with Commercial and Procurement to establish new relationships if necessary
- Drive a consistent and effective approach to delivering capability across M25 investment programmes
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of delivery capabilities; continually reviewing and assessing to ensure that resources, skills and behaviours meet the needs of the asset and investment programmes and achieve maximum value for money
- Co-ordinate capabilities across projects and programmes by identifying needs and deploying and withdrawing resources effectively to help programmes achieve their benefits and outcomes
- Report on key issues, progress and performance relevant to resourcing the Discipline and deputise for the Head of Delivery at meetings as required
- Keep up to date with relevant contractual obligations, legislation and best practice, and drive innovation to enhance business capabilities
- Build and maintain effective supportive relationships across the business and with its stakeholders
- Manage performance of the team with a focus on safety, financial performance, business objectives and customer outcomes
Qualifications/ skills/ experience
- Relevant professional qualification
- Significant, proven experience in highway project delivery and highway maintenance or similar transferrable experience
- Team management and leadership experience
- Good project and programme management experience
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), run by CITB, will be required and can be arranged if successful candidates doesn’t currently hold this
- A proven ability to influence and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- An experienced leader with a strong background in driving excellence in business capabilities and inspiring continuous improvement
- Experienced in working with others to forecast demands for resource and planning and delivering to meet those needs
- A proven track record of effectively organising and leading a team to achieve its objectives and targets