CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual who has experience leading a team across a diverse portfolio of improvement schemes including junction improvements, safety, environment and technology schemes.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills to ensure we deliver the portfolio of projects effectively and efficiently, holding the team and others to account to achieve both our internal outcomes and those of our clients.
This role will have line management responsibilities both for Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers and emerging talent, therefore a natural flair and interest in a high performing team is required.
- Continuous improvement of health and safety performance and wellbeing within your team in line with our Zero Harm Plan and the Construction and Design Management Regulations for health and safety of your projects
- Leadership and management of your team to enable effective programme performance through capacity and capability, including support of individual personal development
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of your projects to time, cost and quality and production of monthly reporting for presentation to senior management and National Highways
- Maintain compliance with the DBFO contract clarifying roles and responsibilities within your team, resolving risks and issues in a timely manner
- Development and maintenance of effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure each project achieves it’s delivery objectives
- Ensure the quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme or project, focusing on having a reliable, realistic and robust programme, its coherence and optimisation of risks with other works
- Coordinate resources, such as Framework Contractors and designers, and hold them to account with regard to schedule, predictability and adherence to Connect Plus Services and National Highways standards
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation across the portfolio to ensure that work is conducted in a manner that reduce our use of environmental resources
- Drive and Live the Connect Plus Services Values – ‘Safe & Well’, ‘Excellence’, ‘Reliable’ and ‘Sustainable’
- Ability and willingness to travel to other offices for meetings on the network as and when required
- Monthly requirement for site visits (including night shift, H&S audits as required)
- Experience of leading people and teams to successful delivery of a programme of infrastructure or engineering projects valued from £100k – £4m
- Experience managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes
- Commercially astute, used to delivering projects through Suppliers and holding them to account.
- To demonstrate experience as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence
- Experience operating within complex organisations – and getting the most out of others
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on engineering excellence, the customer and the business
- Full Driving License