Programme Performance Manager
Asset and Project Delivery
This role is responsible for developing and producing accurate, timely and reliable management information on the CPS-managed investment programme and A&PD contractual performance for use internally and externally. It will initially require a review and standardisation of the formatting of reporting, taking into account stakeholder needs, contractual requirements, and consideration of how project reporting builds to portfolio and programme level reporting to provide higher level summaries of performance. The post holder will liaise with subject matter experts (e.g. Commercial Managers and Planners) who may already produce their own reporting, to ensure all A&PD reporting is aligned and consistent.
The role will also then be responsible for a regular reporting cycle to meet CPS management needs, as well as those of external stakeholders. The post holder will ensure reporting is produced in a timely manner and checked for the quality of content before being issued. The role will also take feedback on the reporting and continually improve as needed. The post holder will develop methods to automate reporting as far as possible, whilst maintaining quality in what is produced.
· Development and continuous improvement of a suite of reporting for A&PD covering delivery performance and contractual compliance, identifying data sources for each report, data owners and quality criteria.
· Provision of project, portfolio and programme level reporting on the delivery programme to meet monthly reporting timescales, ensuring quality in the reported data
· Development of contractual compliance reporting within A&PD covering response times to HE notices, performance improvement plan actions and other activities that may attract contract penalties to CPS. Reporting to be used by A&PD Leadership Team for monitoring and action tracking.
· Implementation of automation in the reporting processes where possible to reduce manual handling of information (leading to potential data errors), increase production speed and improve repeatability of reporting
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders to understand their reporting requirements, take feedback on existing reports and improve for the future.
· Ensure that where reports identify actions that require follow up, that action owners are aware and that follow up actions are noted and reports updated accordingly.
· Manage a small team of performance analysts, ensuring effective leadership, setting of clear performance objectives and developing a high performing team.
The following qualities / experience are essential:
· Educated to degree level in a technical or engineering-based discipline
· Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment
· Knowledge and experience of handling large volumes of data with the ability to summarise key points and trends
· Experience of using analysis and reporting software tools
· Experience of leading within a complex infrastructure-based organisation
· Highly organised and able to handle many ongoing priorities without impact on outputs
· Managing and implementing change
· Understanding of the highways infrastructure environment and the roles of various stakeholders working within it preferred