Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PROJECT & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT DISCIPLINE LEAD to join our Highways team to work in either Dartford, Leatherhead or South Mimms, depending on the successful applicant.
- Responsible for the definition, sourcing, recruitment and development of capabilities and resources required for safe, high quality delivery of M25 investment programmes.
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships across the CPS and the M25 Community; in particular with the A&PD Business Leads, Portfolio Management Office and Asset Management Office to deliver excellence on the M25 and achieve the strategic goals for CPS.
What you’ll be doing
As a PROJECT & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT DISCIPLINE LEAD, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Promote the highest standards of health and safety Zero Harm
- Responsible for the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of all those within team through positive leadership and ensuring compliance with related standards
- Lead and manage a team of people within Discipline including Recruitment, Learning & Development, Supply Chain and Performance Management
- Work closely with Business Leads & Portfolio Management Office to ensure that the short, medium and long-term capability and resource needs of the programme are understood, planned and delivered
- Recruit, retain and develop resources to meet the Discipline needs of the M25 investment
- Determine, plan and manage the use of 3rd party contracts to effectively complement CPS capabilities; working with Commercial and Procurement to establish new relationships if necessary
- Drive a consistent and effective approach to delivering capability across M25 investment programmes
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of delivery capabilities; continually reviewing and assessing to ensure that resources, skills and behaviours meet the needs of the asset and investment programmes and achieve maximum value for money
- Co-ordinate capabilities across projects and programmes by identifying needs and deploying and withdrawing resources effectively to help programmes achieve their benefits and outcomes
- Report on key issues, progress and performance relevant to resourcing the Discipline and deputise for the Head of Delivery at meetings as required.
Acc Keep up to date with relevant contractual obligations, legislation and best practice, and drive innovation to enhance business capabilities
- Build and maintain effective supportive relationships across the business and with its stakeholders
- Manage performance of the team with a focus on safety, financial performance, business objectives and customer outcomes
- Own appropriate business process and associated documentation; including responsibility for regular review and updating to address continuous improvement. And ensures that such methods and processes are understood by all that need to know
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Relevant professional qualification
- Significant, proven experience in highway project delivery and highway maintenance or similar transferable experience
- Team management and leadership experience
- Good project and programme management experience
- A proven ability to influence and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- An experienced leader with a strong background in driving excellence in business capabilities and inspiring continuous improvement