Project Manager – Business Strategy
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Working with the CPS innovation lead we are looking for a Project Manager to support on a number if programmes. Initially this role will be responsible for managing the Change in Standard programme.
For Change in Standards (CiS) you will support the M25 DBFO Project Team in the management and assessment of new highway standards for inclusion in the M25 DBFO Contract. The role will interface with cross-organisational technical and commercial specialists in the planning, development, and implementation of proposals.
You will therefore be accountable for the change management process and for maintaining the CiS programme. You will manage accurate and efficient reporting of key programme activities and reporting of progress through internal and Client governance meetings.
You will be accountable for developing collaborative relationship between our client and relevant teams/departments to ensure an effective business process. You will be responsible for supporting the technical and commercial review of standards, and for the contract administration of standards in-line with the requirements of the M25 contract.
- Project Management skills, preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
- Risk management experience
- Preference of minimum HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a civil engineering or other construction-based discipline
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Broad knowledge of Design, Manual of Roads and Bridges (DMRB), The Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW) and other highways standards produced by National Highways standards
- Experience of highway maintenance contracts in a commercial or performance management role, ideally in consultancy service role.
- Experience of working with construction and civil engineering contract forms such as NEC, TPC, PFI
- Experience of coordinating interfaces with internal/external technical and commercial teams and external resources
- Experience of managing projects through complete lifecycle
- Proactive problem solving
- Strong safety management culture
- be self-aware and have an adaptable style to meet varying project needs and develop relationships and engender trust in stakeholders