Project Manager – Renewals Team
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual with a strong project background to join this fast-paced team to deliver the more complex highways and technology schemes throughout their whole project lifecycle.
We work on behalf of National Highways and Connect Plus delivering various renewal and/or improvement projects from design inception to close out following construction project types varying from structures, tunnels, highways, and technology across the M25 network
Schemes range in value from £100k to £3m+ and include safety schemes, environmental improvements, technology schemes, remedial works, and junction improvement schemes
- Responsible for a number of projects at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget, and programme
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
- Manage cost plan for each project
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to National Highways and Connect Plus
- Consult with Planners, Construction Manager, Project QS, Asset and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented
- Live the Connect Plus Values
The following qualities/experience are sought after:
- A strong collaborator, with integrity and experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes
- Commercially focused, to drive project performance and ability to manage contracts to deliver outcomes
- High resilience, to deal constructively with any conflicting priorities and setbacks
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, to clarify and ensure understanding of project strategies and solutions
- Experience of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with Frameworks Contractors, Designers, and internal partner