Road space Coordinator – Inspections division
Asset Management Office
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
This role supports the Inspections delivery team through co-ordinating and booking road space for delivery of Structures and Linear Inspections. The post holder will work closely with the Inspectors to understand the programme of works and identify opportunities for sharing of road space and traffic management.
Within this role it is crucial that you work across CPS, involving close co-operation with other teams within Asset and Project Delivery, Engineering, Service Delivery and external parties. Excellent working relationships with all stakeholders are an essential part of the role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Inspections Lead, Asset team counterparts and Inspectors to understand the annual programme of Structures and Linear Inspections.
- Liaise with Inspectors to seek opportunities to group works together geographically to enable sharing of road space and traffic management costs
- Submit road space bookings using the CPS NOMS system for bookings where sharing of road space is not possible
- Assess inspection requirements and the booking of specialist plant to undertake inspections
- Participate in road space co-ordination meetings, ensuring that bookings are made in sufficient time and that outstanding information is provided in a timely manner
- Liaise with TfL and local authorities as necessary to obtain permissions for road closures and diversions
- Ensure that all works have the required Traffic Management resource allocated
Skills required to be a success in the role include:
- Flexible and adaptable, responding dynamically to a changing 24/7 operational environment
- Able to manage complex issues and communicate these effectively
- Have excellent working relationships both within own organisation and with external parties
- Resilient under pressure and in the face of change
- Strong drive and proven delivery record
- Dynamic approach, seeking continuous improvement and further opportunities
- Well organised with the ability to plan own workload in an efficient manner
- Strong IT skills including confidence to learn to use new systems