Senior Supply Chain Manager
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for a Senior Supply Manager to join us to work in South Mimms.
- To manage supply chain management activity across the project to support the strategic approach of the business stream and divisional objectives
- To develop procurement plans and manage procurement processes
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Supply Chain Manager, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Working with procurement team and buyers to source the right products;
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers;
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met;
- Managing and motivating a team of supply chain staff;
- Improving the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process.
Who we’re looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- substantial project procurement management experience within a construction related environment;
- Experience of projects with sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record within strategic sourcing, managing supplier relationships, negotiation, process compliance, leading complex sourcing activities and supplier integration into project teams;
- Excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement;
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.