Service Delivery Director
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Service Delivery Director to join the Connect Plus Services (CPS) Leadership team. CPS is responsible for operating and maintaining the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads on behalf of Connect Plus and Highways England. We are a joint venture comprised of three international and industry leading organisations – Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. Our collective strength enables us to continually innovate, excel and drive the delivery of our 30-year contract.
As Service Delivery Director you will report directly to the Managing Director. Working alongside other CPS Directors and Senior Managers, your role will include developing & maintaining excellent working relationships with the Highways England and Connect Plus senior teams to ensure aligned visions. The role will see you work collaboratively with other senior leads to enhance our performance and deliver an excellent customer experience.
As part of the Senior Management Team you will play a key role in leading and developing the strategic direction of the business. As an experienced Senior Manager, you will ideally have experience in operations and maintenance, highway maintenance or similar transferrable experience from other sectors.
You will lead a team of over 400 located across the M25 network incorporating Operations & Maintenance teams, Network Control Rooms, Security and Tunnel management.
What you’ll be doing
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring safety and sustainability targets and standards are maintained;
- Leading the Service Delivery team whilst managing our supply chain to deliver emergency response and routine and cyclic maintenance to time, cost and quality targets and standards;
- Leading and promote excellence in the delivery of all on road activity;
- Leading on the development and enhancement of productive working relationships with On-Road Traffic Officers and the Regional Control Centres (ROC), local Police Forces and other Emergency Services;
- Leading, managing and delivering operational excellence and efficiency;
- Leading and promoting the opportunity to enhance and deliver Whole life asset management on the M25;
- Managing commercial and business risk to achieve budget targets;
- Ensuring that labour, plant, and materials are efficiently managed and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed budget through weekly and monthly cost meetings;
- Leading, developing and coaching individuals to build a high performing team and create a pipeline of talent.